Possible the Worst Song of the Journey

If nothing else I have tried my hardest to be honest with you guys here. I feel that the entire intergrity of the project depends on me being honest about the songs that call my ipod home. Once I start to hide that honesty over embarassment or some other silly reason then I might as well stop shuffling. This morning I was a bit suprised when this came on...



Now I have never denied that I am a lover of cheesy music. I love guilty pleasure songs...hey they make the world go round don't they? While I love guilty pleasure songs I need to make something very clear... I hate Nickleback. I can't stand them! It's the same song over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. These guys haven't written anything original in quite some time. They kind of remind me of Creed. A band that puts out a bunch of pop singles that are garbage but sell really well. It makes no sense. Maybe it's the simplistic crappiness of it that draws people in. Or maybe it's the fact that they're Candian.

Acutally a side confession there is one Nickleback song I chose to download...Figured You Out. I actually kind of like that song. It's not good but I sort of like it (I feel that this confession helps to further prove my cause of not knowing how the hell this song made it on my ipod).

This song sucks. How the hell did it make it on my ipod?! Seriously. I never downloaded nor would I give out money for this. I think the song is supposed to be a social commentary on what it's like to be in a rock band. This is where it puzzles me because Nickleback is not a rock band. Soundgarden is a rock band. Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers are a rock band. Nickleback is a pop band with guitars. These guys wouldn't know the first thing about being rock stars. Just because they party in a hotel once in awhile or maybe even get drunk while on tour doesn't make them rock stars. For some reason thinking of Nickleback portraying the rock star life is kind of joke to me. It's like saying it makes sense for Greedo to shoot first. There's nothing more appealing then a band who doesn't deserve the fame they have talking as if being a rock star is the worst occupation ever. Shut up Nickleback... Go Away!!!

Seriously who put this on my ipod?! I hate you...

1 comment: