I'm not sure where you're reading this from but here on Long Island it's freakin' hot. I mean hot hot. Best way to explain it is as soon as you step outside it's like someone throws a hot, wet, dog fur blanket on you (I apologize to those of you who read this on my Facebook status. Yes it's a repeated joke but I thought it was worth the repeat). It's so hot that you can't even think and the very notion of stepping outside is enough to make you want to jump in a tube of ice. You know one of those ones that athletes use to cool down after games? I always wondered about those. Wouldn't you think that the water would be so cold that it would throw the body into shock maybe even killing a person? I don't know it just looks so cold. Yes cold enough to possibly kill.



I did things a little differently today. I was very interested in Mike and Mike this morning because I want to know when we're going to have football. I'm tired of hearing when people think we're going to have a season, I would much rather hear everything has been signed and approved and that the season is a go. On top of that I can finally get things ready to start my fantasy football league. So with that in mind I didn't take my ipod out until after work. It was a different feeling and I'm not sure if it's one I'll be repeating. I just really like hearing the song in the morning. It gives me all day to digest it and come up with clever things to say for your eyes.

Today's song comes from Mars Volta and it's "eh". I probably don't need this whole album on my ipod maybe just a track or two, but it boils down to the fact that I hoard music. I don't know if I've ever listened to this album from start to finish, I'm sure I have but that's the kind of impression it left on me.

Here's my problem with Mars Volta... some of their songs just go on too long. Right when it hits the point where you've enjoyed the song and would like to listen to it again, maybe, it keeps going. That's the worst. Let the song end on the high note. Please don't drag it out and beat in public. I hate dragged out songs. Don't get me wrong I love long songs when it fits the song, but songs that get drawn out just grate on my nerves. Is today's song one of them? No. Did I forget about it two minutes after it ended though? Yeah I think I did. Was looking for more today especially with the heat. Ice Ice Baby would have been ideal or maybe Hot Hot Hot. Why isn't my ipod more aware of weather conditions? Something I'm going to have to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment