Johnny Cash Provides A Nice Back Drop

Shea and I are up in the house in Pennsylvania for the weekend. I love it up here, it's so relaxing and it's nice to be away from the rest of the world for a little bit. Although I will tell you fellow Shufflers I'm impressed that we made it up here after the tiredness that followed Harry Potter at midnight. I was exhausted post work as was Shea. We got up here at twelveish I think, and manned up for some serious board game action. Twas a good night overcoming the tired. Like I said I love it here.

We went seeking an adventure after we woke up and started driving to a near by town (by near by I mean forty minutes) and I brought my ipod with the intentions of having Shea be the Guest Shuffler, but I got excited and hit instead. I know what an ass. I don't know if excited is the right word. I'm just used to hitting it myself and force of habit drove me to it today I suppose. Shea can shuffle tomorrow.



Ring of Fire couldn't have provided a better back drop to being up here. I love listening to Johnny Cash while we spend time up here, and a lot of the time when we're driving up the mountain to get to the house we'll put some Cash on or something from the Cold Mountain Soundtrack. These my friends are the things that make the world go round.

I'm not going to say a lot about Ring of Fire, I mean what can be said it's awesome and I think everyone knows why, there's still a lot more relaxing to do before we return to Long Island tomorrow. But I find Ring of Fire to be the perfect song to be playing before an old west shoot out. Not the song that plays during it mind you but right before. Picture you're in the saloon and the band is playing it. Can you hear the horns? You try to get a shot of whiskey and the bartender foolish spills it on the hombre next to you. You offer to buy him a shot to make up for the bartenders clumsy hands. The shots are poured and he does his but slaps yours out of your hand before you can do it. Say what?! The band cuts out mid horn section. It's shoot out time Shufflers. Yes these are seriously the thoughts I have while listening to Ring of Fire. It's a great song to cut out when shit does down in the saloon.

Picture you're gunfight scenario Shufflers. What song is playing? What caused it? Doesn't hearing Johnny Cash before things get real almost make you feel a little better? Like you've got back up... or maybe two pistols. Maybe I can talk Shea into taking us to one of the bars... I'll play Ring of Fire on the jukebox and hope to get into a gun fight western style... All I need is a gun first. Hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment