Pistol of Fire

Today was a long day and to be honest I don't have a lot of energy to be writing a long post. I'm currently watching the season finale of LOST season 4 and trying really hard to muster up the energy to write a post for you guys. I feel like today kicked my ass pretty good. It was weird too because I had a late start to work and you would think with less hours to work I wouldn't feel so beat up. Wrong. That's not important though. All that's important is getting this post done and this finale (Sayid is now breaking Hurley out of the mental home..."check mate Mr. Eko")



Aha Shake Heartbreak is my favorite Kings of Leon album. I'm aware that some would argue that Only By the Night is and it's a tough argument considering the success that Night had and the number of awesome tracks on it (come on Revelry is freaking incredible). Aha Shake is such a dirty, gritty, absolutely fun album to listen to from start to finish. There isn't one song on this album I don't like, and I love how there really are no "singles" here. It's just a bunch of shit kicking songs comprising of thirty five minutes of musical goodness.

The difference between Aha Shake and Only By the Night in my opinion is the band sounds like they're having more fun playing and jamming on Shake. It's got this backwoods driving back roads feel to it, the lyrics are catchy and quick. The songs aren't drawn out here. It's three to four minutes in your face and then on to the next track.  What I like about Pistol of Fire is there isn't a lot of lyrics here. It's a lot of repeating the same lyrics but it doesn't matter because it's catchy and fun to sing along with. Especially if it's summer time, you have sunglasses on, and the windows done. Yeah that's what it's all about.

I would say that Aha Shake is a tremendous summer album. Yes it's a great album to listen to all year but it really shines in the summer. I feel the same way about Licensed to Ill by the Beastie Boys. This is one of my all time favorite albums and sounds good all year, but man does Ill just live for summer time playing. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to compare Shake and Ill because it can't be done (Licensed To Ill is iconic and lets be honest leagues better), but if you're looking for a solid summer record to throw on look no further.

No comments:

Post a Comment