I'd Rather Talk About My History of Rap Playlist



If there was ever a time where I wasn't feeling the song of the day today is that day. I don't know how to explain it. Shea and I are up in Pennsylvania again for the weekend and it just seems that Harry Chapin is just missing it's target audience today. I feel bad because I happen to like this song, and I do love Harry Chapin but I'm just not feeling it today dawg. I guess things like that are to be expected right? I do have over nine thousand songs on here, it was only a matter of time before a song came on that I really didn't care about. Wait that sounds harsh. I do care about the song... I just don't care about it today. So I'd rather write about the playlist that I'm currently working on.

I don't know how many of you guys have seen Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake do they're History of Rap bit but it's incredible. Four minutes of condensed rap awesomeness with Fallon and Timberlake killing it. Here check it out





So this got me thinking... I need a History of Rap playlist on my ipod. I actually don't know how I haven't done this yet. It seems academic. Making this playlist also works really well in my favor because I do have a lot of cheesy good rap songs floating around with no home. With this playlist I can throw them all together into a happy home filled of rap awesome. The playlist is currently sitting at twenty-five tracks and I'm pretty pumped. Allow me to share with you what I've got... I'm very open for suggestions.

1. Can't No Body Hold Me Down- Puff Daddy and Mase
2. Just A Friend- Biz Markie
3. Juicey- Biggie
4. Nothing But A G Thang- Dre and Snoop
5. Insane In the Brain- Cypress Hill
6. Jump Around- House of Pain
7. Jump- Kris Kross
8. We Trying To Stay Alive- Wyclef
9. Empire State of Mind- Jay-Z
10. Baby Got Back- Sir Mix-A-Lot
11. Paul Revere- Beastie Boys
12. It's Tricky- Run DMC
13. Rappers Delight- Sugarhill Gang
14. My Name Is- Eminem
15. Don't Believe the Hype- Public Enemy
16. Ms. Jackson- Outkasts
17. Gold Digger- Kayne West
18. Let Me Clear My Throat- DJ Kool
19. Here Comes the Hotstepper- Ini Kamoze
20. Scenario- A Tribed Call Quest
21. Wu-Tang Ain't Nothing To Fuck With- Wu-Tang
22. Ice Ice Baby- Vanilla Ice
23. California Love- 2pac and Dre
24. Zealots- Fugees
25. Fresh Prince Of Bel Air- Will Smith

I'm sure this list my aggravate my hip-hop purists but I can't help it. It's so freakin' fun to listen to. Be my guest Shufflers and steal this for your own ipod. Lower your windows, recline your car seat, put some dark shades on, and just bump it. Good times to follow.

(Side Note: My apologies to Harry Chapin and my blatant ignoring of his song today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment