Making Up For Lost Pearl Jam



Things To Know

1. This is one of my all time favorite Pearl Jam songs.

2. The album No Code makes me think of October in Cape Cod visiting family. It's was that time period where I fell in love with that album. I also believe it's the first time I took a shot of tequila... thanks Michael.

3. The version that played on my ipod came from a show in Mansfield, Ma where the band had a three day stay. Over the course of the three days they tried to play their entire catalogue. In order to do so they actually opened for themselves on the third night with an acoustic set. Hence this version.

4. Off He Goes is heartbreaking but at the same time doesn't really make me sad. I don't know why that is because I know I should be sad while listening to it. Maybe I just understand.

5. Some people believe that this song is written about Neil Young.

6. I made this list as the post because I'm too tired to write an actual post. Lame? Maybe. Brilliant? Most defiantly.

7. Off He Goes is one of the best examples of how awesome Eddie Vedder is at telling stories. He just captures you with the images he paints and you're drawn in. How many of you hate hearing that the man is going to leave in the morning? How badly do you wish for him to stay and feel comfortable? All this comes from Vedder's brilliance.

8. Totally non Pearl Jam or Off He Goes related but defiantly worth mentioning. Throughout the course of moving boxes into storage today I asked my brother in-law, Timmy, if he could suggest a good starting point to get into country. Lately I've been feeling in a country type mood and I really don't know much about country music and I know Timmy has a pretty big country catalogue so I asked. What followed was the introduction of the Zac Brown Band. A love affair is born

No comments:

Post a Comment