Distracted By I'm Still Here

I'm currently watching I'm Still Here, the documentary about Joaquin Phoniex when he "lost" mind and became a rapper. Now I know that the entire thing is a hoax and it's supposed to be a statement piece, and I appreciate that aspect of it. I will tell you that it's a rough watch though (at this point in the film he just said he wanted to "smell a girls butthole"). It's not a pleasant watch. It's making me uncomfortable and I'm wondering if I'm going to make it to the end of it. He's waiting to meet with Diddy to discuss his rap career, and he recently spoke with Mos Def and Mos Def just looked like he felt bad for him. Weird and uncomfortable. I was hoping for bits of funny not pathetic and train wreck (and less male nudity). It has none of that Borat feel, it's all pain. It makes me sincerely happy that this was all planned and calculated because I don't think I could handle this knowing that this was real life.

Straying away from this weird debacle that is inhabiting my TV lets talk about Kings of Leon and Woo Hoo. I got into Kings of Leon a couple of years ago, and I got into them pretty big. For a period of five months or so they were almost all I listened to. I just went from album to album. It had this gritty, southern sound that sounded good with the windows down and the sun out. Actually it's good to listen to all the time.



Woo Hoo isn't featured on an album and I happened to find it after fishing around on itunes (which is a great way to stumble upon awesome music). It's a catchy song (it's the "woo hoo") it just gets stuck in your head. It's not my favorite song of theirs but I don't change it when it comes on. Like I said it plays well with the windows open. Try it.

I'm going to try and finish this movie. I'm not really sure if I can, it keeps getting weirder and weirder. Why did he treat Ben Stiller like an asshole? How many people are in on this gag? I guess I'll just have to go to IMDB to figure it out. I think it's giving me a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment