Yeah That's Right... Fuel



Now I see that some of you may have forgotten about Fuel but I'm one of the few (outside the parents of band members) who have not forgotten about the band. Well that's not entirely true I haven't forgotten about two of their songs the rest of their catalogue is pretty much forgotten to me. But why Kevin, why not forget about Fuel? Well Shufflers I'm glad you asked. The two Fuel songs that have a small room on my ipod (well more of a closet) are pretty good. Who among you didn't like Bad Day or Hemorrhage when they were originally released? That's right it was like these guys were the first Nickleback type band but with less song recycling and waaaaaaay less hits.

I also have this thing with the band because I have seen them live twice. Wait, what? Kevin you paid money to see a Fuel show at two different times in your life? No, no I didn't. I paid to see Aerosmith on two separate occasions (I think I totalled out at six Aerosmith shows) and on those two shows Fuel was the opening band. Both times these were the two best songs to hear. But they did get me to by the album (Something Like Human) so I guess Fuel gets the win here.

(Side Note: For my younger readers who wonder why I didn't just download the songs it's because I used to live in a time where if you wanted a song or two you had to buy the whole album. Gasp. The horror).

This isn't the first time that Fuel has been relevant in the last five years though people. Remember when Daughtry didn't win American Idol (P.S. I haaaaaaaaaate Daughtry)? Well there were rumors about him taking over lead singer duties because apparently the lead singer of Fuel left the band or was kicked out or something. And I remember thinking then, "I didn't know Fuel was that big of a deal to have a new lead singer debate. I'm pretty sure they have slipped back into obscurity." Looking back it seems like I was right.

Todays' homework assignment listen to these two Fuel songs and tell me they're not good. I dare you. Also feel very incredibly 90's as you do so. You can thank me later. Also don't listen to Daughtry, again thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment