Shining On Like A Crazy Diamond If You Will



I wouldn't call myself a huge Pink Floyd fan but I have enough of their albums to consider myself a fan. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure that Animals could very well be the scariest record ever made...ever. So when Shine On You Crazy Diamond started playing this morning I had to giggle. Not because I'm a fan but because what it reminds me of.

I want to say it was my senior year in college, but it could have been my junior. It doesn't really matter to be honest. My buddy Tom had just gotten a new digital camera and brought over some urrrrrrrm sandwiches. Yes you brought over some very tasty sandwiches. Well Tom, my roommate Jay, and I ate these sandwiches and hooked up Tom's camera to the the TV. We found that there were all sorts of accidental effects that we could make with it hooked up and moving the camera around. We also found that it looked really cool in the dark.

So with a belly full of sandwiches we decided to record our findings in the land of special effects. Somewhere along this we came to the conclusion that it would be best if this had a soundtrack. I'm not entirely sure who put on Shine On You Crazy Diamond but I remember it playing, and I remember watching the video afterwards. There's a part where Jay goes back for seconds on the sandwiches and laughs like diabolical mastermind, and it was both the scariest/funniest part of the video. I wonder whatever happened with that recording.

Open Letter To Tom- If you're reading this... Do you still have a copy of that video? If so send it my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment