A Joy Ride of Sorts

Everything about music is exciting right now. Last night I went to doll up the Want To Hear It Now playlist. I had all the songs mapped out. I knew exactly what I was removing and had a whole list of songs to add or maybe add. What ended up happening was I added and added and added, and a playlist that I like to keep at forty songs tops is currently sitting at fifty. I might have to split it into two (which would be a first for this playlist genre….interesting idea hmmmmm). I just want my ipod playing all day. Work would have been eight times more awesome if I had my ipod hooked up to a docking station allowing me to rock out (much like I did this morning on the way to work).

 Music has been so good lately Shea, a confirmed non Foo Fighters fan, sent me a txt today stating "how did I not notice until now how amazing the acoustic version of Everlong is".  Everlong (especially the acoustic version) would probably make my top twelve favorite songs of all time. No idea where on the list it would land but it's in the top twelve. So hearing Shea say that made me happy. She was listening to the version off the Greatest Hits album but I prefer the live version off of Skin and Bones. I recommended it to her results pending.

Shea also introduced me to this song called Pumped Up Kicks by the Foster People. I didn’t get to hear the whole thing but what I did hear I really enjoyed and will be downloading it tonight. Now mix that in with the couple of Ryan Adams ( To Be Young (Is To Be Sad Is To Be High) and Winding Wheel) songs I found on itunes last night, Bar by Zac Brown Band, and all of the O.A.R. I'm listening to my ear lobes are buzzin' people. So it was with that buzz and the performance from the last couple of days that I had high hopes for today's song.



Eh. I'm not overly enthused here. I like the Killers and it's been awhile since we've had a Killers song but I would have preferred something like All These Things I've Done or something off of Sam's Town. It's not like I don't like Day & Age it's a good album, but I do the prior two better. This is more of a chill album that you just throw on for background noise. It's not an album I feel the need to ”rock out" to. It doesn't hold the sing-a-long factor like Hot Fuss or Sam's Town. 

Joy Ride is a serviceable track though, and does sound better whilst driving. Windows or window down (your choice here) and the volume up. After that though it's kind of forgettable. I'm actually trying to think of the tune of the song right now and I'm striking out. To the point where it's starting to bother man. Yes I can always cheat and just play it on my itunes but…oooooooh okay that's how it goes (yes totally cheated). Not a terrible song just easily forgotten. I'll give three out of four this week to the ipod. I like those numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment