It's Just Like Heaven... or So the Cure Tell Us

I never got into the whole mope rock scene (as previously stated here). Bands like the Smiths, Depeche Mode, and the Cure didn't have me in mind when it came to their target audience. I'm okay with that as I'm sure the members of those bands are okay with it. It's just a style of music that I just don't get. Maybe it was because I was too little in the 80's to understand it or maybe it's just because I don't find the style of music enjoyable, regardless it's just not my scene. Shea on the other hand loves the mope rock scene and since we've been together I've gotten to experience more of that type of music (I still don't get it) and have grown to like some of it. Not a lot but some.



While this is a Cure song I don't classify it in the mope rock scene. This song is just too freakin' happy. There are a handful of Cure songs that I've grown to love but this one is a given. This song is excellent and kudos to my ipod for shelling out two really good songs thus far this week. Starting off the week was a tasty treat and getting Just Like Heaven today was a pleasant follow up dish.

This song just makes me want to dance about and giggle. Does that make sense or does it seem too... ummmm lame? I don't care if it does (I'm currently on my third blueberry vodka Arizona iced tea so I could care less what I'm typing up right now, ha ha). Every so often the Cure produce a song that hits that nerve inside that just makes you smile. Just Like Heaven is such an adorable song. I feel like I keep saying the same thing over here.

For me this song makes me think of my wife (insert "awwww" here or insert throw up sound here). I don't know how to explain it. As soon as Just Like Heaven started my first though went to Shea and I smiled. It's almost like a small piece of her is encompassed in this four minute song. I just want to bottle it up and play it when I need that pick me up. Again I feel like I'm not being coherent here, and maybe I'm not (like I said blueberry vodka goodness taking it's toll), but it doesn't matter. I'm feelin' fine, feelin' groovy.

Random Music Notes:

1. I just listened to the entire Green Album on Spotify and I enjoyed it. Not all of it is great but there's some really fun stuff on their. I'm currently listening to the Foster the People album and I find that I'm really liking it. If you haven't signed up for Spotify you're really just wasting your own time. It's like the perfect way to sample music before you buy it. It could save you tons of itunes money.

2. Pearl Jam documentary soundtrack (PJ20) which comes out in September had all of it's tracks hand picked by director Cameron Crowe. In exciting news the second to last track on the two disc album is a live version of Better Man from a show at MSG on 5-21-10. I was at that show and that version is awesome. It's just really exciting when a show you were at has a song selected to make an album of awesome rarities by a band you love. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment