There Be A Storm A Comin'

I"m not sure if any of you guys know but there is a hurricane heading towards New York/Long Island. I know right?! Don't you think the news would have done a better job of covering something like that? This is a music blog not a weather one. You shouldn't have to come to A Year of Shuffling to get your weather news. If I was the media I would have this thing plastered over every channel 24 hours a day.

All kidding aside there is a storm (Irene) heading towards my little area of the world, and what better way to get ready than to listen to Boston!!!



Come on nothing gets one more ready for a hurricane than blasting the sounds of Boston. Just makes you forget that the world could be possibly collapsing around you in a few hours. My favorite part of listening to Smokin' was Shea asking what was up with the "vampire organ sounds". This lead me to believe that hey there aren't enough organ jams in music anymore. Much like the Black Keys and their sleigh bells lets bring back the organ people!

In all seriousness though all my east coasters please be safe, providing that I have interweb service tomorrow I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment