The Night Before Vegas...

So I'm leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow for a long weekend, and ending it on Monday with a return to the east coast to see the Foo Fighters. Needless to say I don't think I'm going to be posting that much while I'm over there. As a a matter of fact I'm not going to bring my lap top (Shea will have hers so there is a slight chance but doubtful). I just wanted to give you guys the heads up so you didn't think I was flaking out on you guys again. Expect a number of posts on Tuesday. Until then enjoy todays song.



What I like about this track is there is a lot of emphasis on the bass and the drums. It's not like it's a particularly difficult drum scheme but you can always hear it. The bass stands front and center and makes like a bass-bass-drum type rhythm.

Getting back into O.A.R. has re-opened the door to a lot of bands I stopped listening to as much. Michael Franti and Spearhead sort of fall in that category. I used to listen to the Yell Fire album all the time and slowly it fell out of rotation. So when I played it for the first time in ages it was like listening to it for the first time again. Forgiving O.A.R. was one of the best things I've done musically this year.

Well off to Vegas goes I. I'll catch you guys in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment