I'll Take the Studio Cut Over This Live Version



This isn't the exact version of the song that played on my ipod this morning but I suppose it's close enough for government work.

So my ipod must be gearing up for Pearl Jam's big 20th birthday next Tuesday. I'm not going into a lot of detail here because I actually like the stuido cut of Whipping better then this live version (or the live version that played on my ipod this morning). For some reason I think it just translates better on a record then live (or at least in this case). But I won't deny that I'm always pretty excited to start my day off with a little Pearl Jam. It actually lead to me listening to the live album they dropped earlier this year, Live On Ten Legs, which upon first couple of listens I thought was "eh". See I have problem with live albums that take from a bunch of different shows. They all ways try and peace them together as if it's just one show and most of the time it misses the mark. Sometimes they fit and other times the sound seems different and you can tell the band was in a different mood. Although listening to Live On Ten Legs this morning on shuffle I enjoyed it a bit more.

That's my story folks and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment