Lazy Ass Rap Songs



Like I've said before I went through a Shady/Aftermath phase where I was listening to just about anything that was put out on the record label. It mostly stemmed from my love of all things Eminem and trickled down to lesser albums from Young Buck and yes Lyod Bankis . See there was a period where the whole label thought they were untouchable, Eminem even started producing records (to mixed results mostly misses, must I remind you all of the Tupac album?) and 50 Cent put out albums after Get Rich Or Die Tryin'. I personally thing it went all down hill after Eminem's Encore and the G-Unit album.

So while I was on this kick of Shady/Aftermath artists I was almost forcing myself to like certain albums because of their affiliation. I listen to this stuff now and I wonder what the hell I was thinking? This song is lazy hip-hop at it's best. It sounds like an Eminem produced beat (I'm to lazy to look it up), the rhymes from everyone involved are simplistic and there is no real flow here, and the hook... well I expect better from Nate Dogg.

It's songs like this that kind of made Eminem and 50 Cent less effective. At least Eminem has been able to redeem himself, 50 Cent on the other hand. Wow, that went wrong. Now that I think of it I probably bought this album because Eminem did a track on it. Tisk, tisk, tisk.

No comments:

Post a Comment