Summer Can't End When Bob Marley Exists

So the weather and the media may have us believe that summer is over but I'm here to protest. For starters the weather today was a little bit warmer and the sun was out (suck it rain), and the song of the day came from no other then Bob Marley. Summer can't end as long as the music of Bob Marley is a live.



For me there are certain artists or bands that just encompass summer (Dave Matthews Band, O.A.R., Sublime to name a couple). I can listen to them all year round but they sound the best during the summer months. So when I put them on the Want To Hear It Now playlist in February it's my way of putting a little summer in my life. There is a battle between winter and I and I'm battling it one song at a time.

Bob Marley not only is summer but his music transcends the barrier of being just summer music. I can put a Bob Marley record on any time of the year and feel completely relaxed and at peace, and yes a bit warm. This winter you should try to play a Bob Marley album or song or maybe you're own summer bands during the greyest day of winter. I dare you to come back and tell me that it doesn't make you feel a little bit better inside. You too can fight Mother Nature.

Satisfy My Soul is one of my all time favorite Bob Marley songs. It's chill tempo and easy going spirit just put me at ease. I love, love, love the "you make me feel like a sweepstakes winner" line. It makes my heart smile. The whole song from the rocking of the boat to the chorus help to show why Bob Marley shines so brightly. Such positive energy and good feelings stem from his music it's hard to just classify him as a summer artist. Bob Marley is summer in music form, and I beg you to take him with you all year. Everyone deserves a little slice of summer all year round, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment