You Know Mary... She Be Crazy



I love, love, love this song. First off lets start by saying Shea was today's Guest Shuffler. It feels like we haven't had a Guest Shuffler in awhile. I'm not sure if I've discussed it here yet but Shea is not a Pearl Jam fan. Yes there are a couple of songs of theirs that she likes or appreciates, I actually she appreciates Pearl Jam as a whole but it's just not her sound. That's found I've made my peace with that. She doesn't need to be a Pearl Jam fan for our marriage to work. One song of theirs she does happen to really like though is their cover of Crazy Mary so I was very excited when she hit shuffle today that it turned up.

Pearl Jam has been on Jimmy Fallon Thursday and Friday of this week and their documentary and it's soundtrack, PJ20, comes out on the 20th of this month so I've been I've been listening to alot of Pearl Jam the last couple of days (yes more so then usual). So Crazy Mary playing totally fit my mood.

The song is a cover of an old Victoria Williams song, and I have to say it's kind of creepy. The whole story of Mary and the town and stuff sounds like it should be out of a horror movie. It sounds dark the story sounds bleak it seems like maybe it would make a good movie with pop outs and teenagers who are following the legend of crazy Mary.

I actually have a version of this show where Eddie Vedder says "this song is about a insane person" before they start to play. Going into the second versus the sound cuts out and their is this god awful screech. Vedder addresses the crowd saying it's the first time that he's called Mary insane publicly and he doesn't want to ever play the song again since it was so scary. Spoiler alert they do finish but it's still a freaky moment. So for me this song gives off that paranormal, horror movie feel. I love it. The first time I saw them they played it in the second encore. I left feeling very happy.

Take a bottle pass it round... I want to watch a horror movie now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment