It's Time To Meet The Muppets...Queen



It's funny that this song would be selected now. Funny for a few reasons.

 Reason 1- Shea and I were literally talking about this song on Saturday when I played it in her car. She told me I find the song to be funnier than it is and funnier than other people think. I thought this was kind of weird but correct me if I'm wrong here… this is the Muppets singing Queen right? It's the freakin' Muppets singing probably what is Queen's biggest song. How is this not funny or awesome (granted Shea used the word funny and didn't say anything about it not being awesome). I would think everyone would find this song to be funny. Just listen to Animal. I was curious to how the Muppets would handle some of the subject matter of the song, and the use of Animal is perfect. No one wants to hear a Muppet singing about killing a man and going to jail and yada yada yada. Imagine Kermit singing that. Well it would remind me of this painful video to watch.



Reason 2- I have been on a HUGE Muppets kick as of late. Maybe it has to do with the upcoming movie or the Green Album (speaking of which if you haven't listened to this or downloaded it what in the hell is wrong with you?! There is some really great stuff on here. For Christ sake the Fray do Muhna Muhna… and it's awesome). Whatever it is I'm all about the Muppets right now. We spent a hungover Saturday a couple of weeks ago watching two hours of the first season of the Muppet Show (the night before we danced about to bits of the Green Album… seriously people what are we waiting for here?). It was glorious. Do yourself a favor and just check out some of those old shows they're worth it for the subtle funny. 



Non Muppet Related News- I saw Cameron Crowes love letter to Pearl Jam (PJ20) last night. There is so much I want to say but I'm still geeked out over the whole thing I'm not even sure where to begin. In short it was amazing. DVD comes out Oct. 25 (with a bunch of special editions being sold by the Ten Club) and I think they're airing it on PBS a few days before that. Do yourself a favor and watch it. I thought I was in love with Pearl Jam before…it just blew my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment