Thoughts From One About To Leave For Tour

nbsp;

The version I have comes from O.A.R.'s first performance at Bonnaroo.  As is the case with the majority of my O.A.R.  tracks I couldn't find the exact version so this is the next best thing.  But the show was played when O.A.R. was still emerging (before the pop sound) and they sound so grateful to be there. That's what I've always loved about this band, they appreciate everything. The first time I saw them at the Garden you couldn't help but feel the band's excitement. There's nothing better than seeing a band who understands the importance of the venue their playing.  The first time I saw the Killers was at the Garden and the show was only an hour and twenty minutes and was nothing special. It was like "you guys do know you're playing Madison Square Garden right?"

I like this song because it gives a good perspective of what it feels like to leave for tour. You always get the songs about how awesome tour is but you never hear about the pain of leaving. O.A.R. may not have the most intricate lyrics ever written, but they do have this ability to write/sing lyrics that grab a hold of you and that you can relate to. Maybe it' s the simplistic nature of it or maybe it's saying more than saying less? I don't but I've always had an easy time connecting with O.A.R. lyrics. 

On top of all that this is just an awesome song to hear live. I want to say that the first time I saw them they opened with this. I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure. It's that bass groove it just starts strumming through you.  Plus it could just be me, but there is almost a hidden dark nature to this song. Like it's hiding underneath the vocals or something. But it feels like there's this dark underlining. Hmmmmm the best way I can explain it is early morning right before the sun rises.  That's what this song is to me. I don't know how else to explain it (or if that even explains it all).

No comments:

Post a Comment