Temple of the Dog Suckas

After seeing PJ20 I've had a new appreciation for Temple of the Dog. I've always liked them but after the documentary I feel that there's a new bond there. I can't stop listening to Say Hello To Heaven (my God does that song just shred). So needless to say I was pretty pumped when this started playing through my car speakers on the way home.




If you think that Say Hello To Heaven kicks then you're not listening to Reach Down. This song is 12 minutes of ass kicking goodness. Right around the 4:30 mark when Cornell lets the band take over this song just explodes. For me it's the fastest 12 minute song I've ever heard. Also (and this could just be me) does this sound like it could be an Alice In Chains track? I don't know I hear it a little bit.

Lately I've forgotten how awesome Cornell is (yes I blame most of Audioslave and that pop album he put out…shiver) and listening to Temple of the Dog just helps to remind one how awesome he truly is. I would say he probably has the best voice in rock n' roll right now, although I don't think he can compare to Plant or Mercury.  But his voice is just as important as the guitar work here. Cornell is a rock god (despite that pop album) and it took PJ20 and some Temple of the Dog to remind me of that.

Side Note- so my wonderful, incredible, awesome wife (Shea) gave me my birthday gift last night. And Shufflers guess what? We're going to the ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME!!!! That's right Shea got me tickets to go see the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in late October. We're driving down and awesome shall ensue. Not to mention that the following day (Sunday) we have tickets to go see the Browns play the Seahawks (not to mention the Giants are on a bye week so I won't miss their game). Yeah greatest birthday ever. Greatest gift.  So pack your bags Shufflers. Ohio here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment