Post Foo Show

First thing first. That concert last night was amazing!!! Two hours and forty-five minutes of melt your face, kick you in the groin rock show. From start to finish it was amazing (and considering the 14 hours it took us to get there it was well worth it. Traveling yesterday was beastly). Covers of Pink Floyd's In the Flesh (I was hoping for a Roger Waters citing since they will be playing the same song with him tonight on Jimmy Fallon) and Breakdown by Tom Petty.  You wouldn't really think the Foo Fighters could jam out but yes they can. A number of songs steamed rolled into 8-12 minute territory as the band just shredded the Izod center. And to top it all off Krist Novoselic (yes that one) came out to play accordion on a song. I was present for a mini Nirvana reunion (all surviving members on stage at once… Dave, Krist, and Pat Smear). I couldn't help but get choked up. It was awesome and 1996 Kevin totally geeked out.  I am currently scavenging the internet to see if anyone maybe recorded the show. I must have it. Must.




Trying to move on from the awesome that was last night to today's song. For starters it's not a Foo Fighters track (actually I think we've only had one so far right? That's weird). Actually it's not even a rock track. It's the re-emergence of Obie Trice people (you might remember him from our very first song).  This one is a little different though. I think the Set Up might be the best track off the album. I love that opening verse and the beat, and even Nate Dogg's hook is pretty good. The whole tempo of the song stays even and I think that's pretty interesting. Even when Trice is talking about things that happened that pissed him off he never raises the volume of his voice. Everything is steady. Flows perfectly with the beat.  This was always a stand out track from Cheers for me. 

I believe there is a remix out there somewhere with Method Man, Redman, and Jada Kiss. I've only heard it a couple of times and from what I remember Redman kills it. I should really track it down. I think my ipod would thank me for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment