Thought Process

So when Lil Jon's Aww Skeet Skeet (yes that is really the name of the song, no I'm not lying, no I'm not proud that I own it) started playing from my ipod this morning a few thoughts went running through my head. Some apologetic, some panicked, some embarrassed, some wanting to explain. So at 7:45 this is what the inside of my head sounded like:



Thought 1- Damn it, a comedy track. What should I do? I can hit shuffle again but is that cheating? Wait a second... is that Dave Chappelle? I don't have any Dave Chappelle comedy albums. What is this? Oh dear god...

(song kicks in)

Thought 2- Shit. This is Lil Jon. Shit.

(song is playing)

Thought 3- Dear Music Gods- First off let me say I'm sorry (What?!). I'm sorry (What?!). I said I'm sorry (Okay!) I can explain this I really can. It's all Dave Chappelle's fault (What?!). Dave Chappelle's fault (Yeeeeeah!) He convinced me through his sketch that it would be okay to like Lil Jon. In fact he made me think it was okay to buy the album (pause) Crunk Juice (What?!). Crunk Juice (Yeeeeeah!). And the sad thing is that he had me believe that I actually liked the album. I know, I know I'm a fool. I bought the album listened to it for about a month (What?!), a month and a half (What?!), two months (Okay!). I'm sorry I hope you can forgive me. I know I shouldn't have put it on my ipod to begin with. Can you forgive me? (What?!) Please forgive me (What?!) I'll make sure the next song I listen to is a classic, something like Aerosmith or Billy Joel (Yeeeeeeah!)

(the song is still playing!!!!)

Thought 4- The dance he describes is really violent. How can this be sexy? What idiots are dancing to this and who are the other idiots thinking that it's sexy?! Did he just say "shake that ass real hard, from the left to the right"?! Why do I have this?!

(the song has not ended)

Thought 5- Oh Christ... I'm going to have to write about this tonight. Sigh

Thought 6- When will this end!!

(song finally ends, I do not hit replay)

Thought 7- Wow. What the hell am I going to say about this? I guess first things first I'm sorry. I thought it was okay to like Lil Jon for a minute and I was wrong. Dead wrong. Is it bad that I find Limp Bizkit better then this? Oh Christ what have I done...



No comments:

Post a Comment